Farmington Township was created in February, 1830 from land taken from Elkland Township. It is nine miles in length from east to west, has an average width of four miles and contains about thirty-six square miles. It is bounded on the north by the boroughs of Osceola, Elkland, and Nelson, and a part of the township of Lawrence; on the east by Lawrence and Tioga townships; on the south by Middlebury, and on the west by Chatham and Deerfield. Current population is 640. The township maintains 37 roads comprising nearly 58 miles.
Special thanks to Tri-Counties Genealogy and History by Joyce M. Tice for historical material